Sunday, May 16, 2010

netflix commercial



So this is a cool idea. I got online and looked at a few netflix commercials. they are pretty good. I wonder who does their ads. I am getting very excited to be apart of creating ads. I need to get a job working for a company though.

anyway, I think this is a good ad and it's funny. it's obviously a spoof on all types of hero type movies. The best is that it's a wiimote and then the woman states that she doesn't even know what it is. I like the idea of mixing the two themes. It's super postmodern.

What I would take from this is the creativity to remember that I can totally mix mediums in this way. Another ad that I posted about was the Old Spice commercials because they use "nintendo logic" on one of the scenes. By that I mean that his arm goes off the screen to the right and shows up back on the left side to hit someone. That is a mario bros. logic.

I want to be able to study my past so that I can make things that are identifiable to my generation in new lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment