Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beating Zelda II: The Adventures of Link For NES

The Adventures of Link is a classic. I remember the day that I got this game and then my father left me alone at home so I could play it. I got stuck and frustrated then I started crying because my dad left me alone for like 5 or 6 hours. I would love to be alone playing my new favorite game for 5 or 6 hours now!!! At the time I was a bit younger and didn't know what I had going for me yet. So that is why I started crying and it was a bummer. I think I might have gotten a candy bar when my dad came home so that is cool.

This game is awesome but I was never a huge fan of the way it is a side scroller. After I posted the photos of me with the end screen people told me that they were never able to beat this game. CRAZY, I love this damn game! I beat it at least once a year. I want to run home and beat it again right now!

I want to find all the secret areas that have creepy Link dolls that provide you with an extra life! I bet if this game got remade now it would have scary children dolls made of wicker and straw like the Finnish film Rare Exports. I love the bosses and the new weapons that allow you to explore. I love the haunted towns in desolation and I love getting the Cross from the graveyard that allows you to see them. I love beating it and getting kisses from Princess Zelda too.

IMAG0252

ok, one last thing then I will stop being a dork about Link. The booklet that came with this game has some of my favorite illustrations from old school games. Booklet speaking the earlier games didn't really have much to look at but a few of them showed you drawings of what the action was SUPPOSED to look like. When I was 6 years old I had enough imagination to go on with it.

ryan wolf link 2 art

AWESOME!!!! but I was 6 years old

the_adventure_of_link

No comments:

Post a Comment